Growing Restaurant Group Seeking Motivated Managers
Are you an accomplished professional in the hospitality industry looking for your next challenge? If you are a hospitality manager, in a leadership role in your current job, or looking to return to the restaurant business, we have a number of unique opportunities for motivated individuals.
Position Outline: We are starting to recruit for our new 250 seat casually-upscale restaurant on the Greenway in Downtown Boston, our new modern tavern concept situated in Faneuil Hall and for postings in many of our established and high-volume properties. We are looking for personable, professional, talented and exceptionally enthusiastic individuals to join our management teams.
Ideal candidates are individuals that possess a sincere passion for food, wine, craft beers and most importantly – in generating exceptional guest experiences. This is not just a tag line or lip service; we are intent on seeking out professionals that ‘get it’ that we are in the hospitality business. We want people who whole-heartedly believe that the primary role of management is: to lead and motivate others in creating positive and incomparable experiences. We are seeking people that see their role as a career – not just a job.The right candidate understands the demands of the industry/position; are cool, calm and collected under pressure; are firm yet fair in their dealings; work well with others (BOH & FOH); are dedicated to educating and empowering others; have a robust sense of humor and most importantly – have a zealous commitment to the customer.
The position prerequisites/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Exhibiting a strong work ethic.
- A reasonable knowledge of food (seafood, charcuterie, Slow Food principles), craft beers, cocktails and wines. Experience in menu development and engineering.
- An exceptional appreciation for service mechanics.
- Instinctive abilities in customer relationship dynamics.
- Experience in leading, motivating and empowering the workforce.
- Proven abilities in recruiting, training and developing personnel (BOH and FOH).
- Achieving financial objectives including: sales targets, food and labor cost controls.
- Being a respected and affable representative/ambassador for the restaurant and organization.
- Spearheading initiatives that bolster food & beverage sales.
- Crafting marketing strategies and programs that build awareness and traffic.
- Being a professional both on and off the clock.
- A positive attitude. We are looking for team leaders not dictators or over-delegators. We expect our managers to roll up their sleeves, be on the front line and set the bar by example.
- An impeccable work ethic. This is a start-up venture…have no illusions, this will require a substantial investment of blood, sweat, tears and hours to launch successfully.
- Serve Safe certification, Responsible Alcohol Service Training, Allergy Awareness, Choke Saver, Fire Control Management (training available online), CPR training a plus.
- At least 2 years in a restaurant management posting or leadership role.
- Additional position requirements will be provided to eligible and serious candidates.
Restaurant Concepts/Profile: The Grain Exchange is located at 170 Milk Street right on the Greenway. Two floors, two bars, a patio and open kitchen, it has a capacity for approx. 250 people and expected to be a high-volume operation open for limited breakfast/brunches, lunch, dinner, after work crowds, dining and late night snacking. Like the design/décor, the menu and concept are intended to be an example of simplicity executed to perfection. Rustic and modern elements meld seamlessly to create a casually-stylish environment.
The menu will focus on healthy preparations, locally sourced ingredients; simple comfort food concepts flattered by contemporary accompaniments. The menu will be relatively small in size (no more than 25-30 items) with an emphasis on seafood, fresh offerings and dynamic presentations. There will also be a focus on charcuterie, oyster bar offerings and flat breads.
We are also in the development/design stage of our new modern tavern concept. Set to open mid-July, this venue will be situated in Faneuil Hall in the base of a high-end office tower. With an inside capacity of approx. 120 people the venue will also boast the largest patio in Downtown Boston. Catering to an eclectic mix of white collar professionals and throngs of tourists, the management team will need to be quick thinking, flexible and be able to engage with all walks of life.
Salary: Negotiable and Competitive.